- We thank Ken Fallon for sending us some cool HPR stickers
- Shoutout to macno and Jon The Nice Guy who both had babies!
- US social network propaganda operation
- Ubisoft pirates their own soundtrack — FAIL!
- EVE Online “PLEX for Good” campaign
- CyanogenMod wallpaper brouhaha
- Beer of the Week: Altenmünster Maibock Hell
0:17:17 Releases, Security & News
- Vyatta 6.2
- m0n0wall 1.33
- Zorin OS 4 “Business”
- Mandriva Linux 5.2 “Enterprise Server”
- PHP 5.3.6
- Linux Kernel 2.6.38 — Magic kernel patch debuts in Ubuntu & Fedora
- RSA Inc. hacked, myriads of security tokens may be compromised
- AT&T takes over T-Mobile in the US
- Oracle kills Sun.com
- Mozilla clarifies plans for Firefox development cycle overhaul
- Motorola Sholes bootloader finally cracked
- Joe “Zonker” Brockmeier: Oracle and Novell are freeloading
- Debian is working on a new rolling version of their distro
- Debian extends cooperation with derivatives with the new DEX project
- The Zune is dead — well, it’s officially dead now as well…
0:52:05 Discussion Point
Fab quits Twitter live on the show and gives his reasoning for the move.
1:05:03 MeeGo Competition
- Donations: Thanks to Patrick Archibald, Samsnotunix, Osama Alassiry, Ciaran Gultnieks, David Rosa, Jelle Hermsen, Stephen Kellat, Ashley Kitson, Stuart Edgar, James McBride, Jessica Boriack, Marcus Wilson and everyone who flattr’ed us!
- SmokeyMaverick says the show keeps him company on weekly drives from Pittsburgh, PA to Charleston, WV and sends us an awesome picture of him having some fun in Apple Stores
- Ashley Kitson sent a very nice email saying how much they enjoy the show
- Stefano Palazzo tells us about a message to the Japanese LoCo, which he put together with some friends — signing isn’t restricted to Ubuntu users, of course
- Paul H. enjoys the show, thanks us for the effort and says it brightens up his drive to work; he also gives us some feedback on our recent discussions of Ubuntu and Canonical
- Tom Link sends us news of another Outlaw beer
- Robert Main wrote to lament Oracle’s decision to discontinue Rails and Python support in NetBeans
- J writes to tell us they work for ZDI on the same team as the Pwn2Own guys and tells us more about the contest
We got more emails this week from Brad Floyd, Darren Wilkinson, peterplusplus, Nathan (hairymnstr), Pete Travis, Ted Strait, Chris Roberts, Andreas, Niels Mayer, David Yang, @brainspoil, Yorvyk and Armin Krauss.