- Osama Bin Laden has been killed, and it was tweeted live
- Fab’s playoff beard has raised $35 to fight cancer
- Fab was a guest on TLLTS 400
- OggCamp sold out again
- Fab has begun work on finally sorting out the LO merchandise again
- For all LO Minecraft fans, there’s now a new identi.ca group
- Frugalware Gnome Shell theme
0:21:21 Releases, Security & News
- Scientific Linux 4.9
- OpenBSD 4.9
- DragonFly BSD 2.10.1
- Slackware Linux 13.37
- Tiny Core Linux 3.6
- Version 11.04 of: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Edubuntu, Mythbuntu, Ubuntu Studio, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu Rescue Remix
- PyPy 1.5
- Digital Economy Act passes judicial review
- Amazon launches the Kindle in Germany
- Sony suffers security meltdown with PSN
- Texan judge says Linux violates patent and Google loses suit
- Nokia slashes 7,000 jobs, outsources Symbian
- Attachmate is splitting Suse from Novell
- DoJ and Bundeskartellamt modify CPTN deal, huge win for F/OSS ecosystem
- Barnes & Noble say Microsoft wants to kill Android with patents
- Windows Phone NoDo updates held up yet again?
- iOS tracks your location, makes harvesting easy
- Governments around the world investigating Apple
- Apple patents location history
- Breaking Minecraft News: Multiplayer Nether in 1.6
Donations: Thanks to Richard Smith, Scott Evans, Brian Bearse, Scott Morton, Nigel Green, Gary Moon, Benjamin Bromley, John Church, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Jacob Hume, S.T.E de Bruin and all the wonderful people on Flattr that flattr’d us!
- Nasser Alshammari emails us about camels because they are more deadly than moose — freaking CAMELS!!!
- Buford Koechig sends a beer recommendation for Fab:
- Ian VanDenBerghe told us that you can buy Jayne hats at Etsy
- Matt H. is a happy Ubuntu and Unity user and says he likes the decisions Canonical are making on his behalf, but also agrees it’s less of a community distro now — he searched Ubuntu.com for “Linux” with some surprising results:
- The Great Gazoo says OpenSuse has a Shutdown button in Gnome 3
- Hugh MacKay painted our likeness on an egg that he rolled down Glastonbury Tor at Easter — how awesome is that?
- Scott Bicknall says Apple can’t own the word “apple” since the Beatles were first
- Yaroslav Halchenko tells us about NeuroDebian
- Shane Marks wrote to us asking for help to promote Unhosted
We had other emails this week from Sven, Kevan V., Brad Alexander, Ehtyar, Dennis Wickman, Brad Floyd, Emilien, Andrew Benz, Tadej Menegatti, Nathan Delboux, Robert Main, Joel J. Adamson, Tom Greene, Matthias, Dave O’Neil, Kåre Kvisgaard Gram, Mike C. and Carsen Anderson.