- Fab talks about his new job situation, he will be moving to Isernhagen (the German Wikipedia article has more details)
- The OggCamp 13 web site is live and you can now get tickets!
0:19:43 UBUNTU EDGE UPDATE
It looks like Ubuntu Edge is destined to fail. We give an update on the situation and discuss if we think it was ever meant to succeed.
- Jim Daldry tells us about his favourite Sean Connery scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Jason Lewis sent us a story about a German court ruling declaring the JDownloader tool illegal
- Moritz gives us some feedback on PRISM and NSA spying
- Jonathan Nadeau gave Dan some advice on how to circumvent Unity when using Ubuntu
- Luke Platypuss recommends pcspecialist, a company run by a friend of his where you can buy computers without Windows licences
- James Parker says our listeners should have a look at KAME, a live distro created by one of his friends
- Michael Lawson also recommends a distribution, his firewall project Sphirewall
- Kevin Grenade plugs his game Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead; Dan mentioned the TV series Justified, which is his new addiction
- Nathan reckons that if you have written more lines of pro-GPL sentiments than lines of GPL code, you are not permitted to speak about the GPL
- Gary (aka Agent Z10) had a discussion with Fab about the encryption used for BlackBerry’s messenger app BBM
- Remy Van Elst sent us a number of emails on Cameron’s porn filter
- Elias Önal sent us information on the PS3’s operating system
- Andres Muniz wrote us the longest email ever — it has subsections, footnotes and a paragraph to explain why it is so long
- Peter Bazalgette has punctuation issues
- Félim Whiteley is coming to OggCamp 13 and is looking forward to it
- Daniel Harenberg really likes Netrunner
- Paul, who met Dan at Barcamp Blackpool, tells us his Linux story and how he came to listen to the show
We had other emails from Keith Z-G, Bryan Lafferty, Brian Gryder, Mike Gulick, Kevin O’Brien and Ian Kirk.