Hosts: Dan & Fab
- Errata: Fab mistakenly said that you need to compile things with Arch/AUR — in fact, Arch packages are binary; he realised his mistake immediately when editing the show; what he meant was: AUR saves you having to install things by hand
- Our Discourse instance is now up at saloon.sixgun.org
- Jezra sent Katy some seeds for the chili plantation
0:28:08 RELEASES & NEWS
- Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 LTS betas
- Hadoop 2.3
- Firefox OS 1.3
- Portal 2 beta for Linux
- GitHub has its own text editor now — it isn’t open source
- Pitivi fundraiser
- MediaGoblin fundraiser
- In Bitcoin news: Mt.Gox is bankrupt
- Open graphics for the Raspberry Pi coming?
- Debian wants more than one init system now
- Bill Gates again richest person in the world — giving away all my money my arse!
- Dale Visser is glad our break is over and gives us some feedback on blocking ads and NoScript
- Barry Williams writes in with more input on ads and ad-blocking
- Andrew Kirkpatrick tells us about ArnoldC
- Evgeny Kuznetsov has the exact opposite experience than Fab when comparing Firefox and Chrome
- Ian Kirk is keeping an eye on the NSA ice cream van
- Rich Brown sends us a link to Mr. Herobrine’s Singalong Tragedy on YouTube
We had other emails from Remy Van Elst and Jason Lewis.
Song: Supergeil featuring Friedrich Liechtenstein (all rights reserved)