Hosts: Dan & Fab
Please leave comments on this episode in our forum.
- Fab thanks @amokleben for the beer
- New album art — Outlaw Tux is back by popular request
- The first two internet packets were “LO”
- Muzei has proven to be very popular, lots of good feedback from our listeners
- Congrats to No Agenda to reaching episode 600!
- Flight MH370
- Snowden gave a Ted talk
- The book Tyler mentioned: Intellectual Property and Open Source: A Practical Guide to Protecting Code
- Fab kicked off a bit of a shitstorm in the Typo3 camp
- Operation Windigo is some scary shit
- Replicant developers allege backdoor in Samsung phones
- WordPress pingback DDoS
- Full Disclosure shuts down
1:22:48 RELEASES & NEWS
- Sailfish OS 126.96.36.199 — it’s left the beta phase
- Firefox 28
- Python 3.4
- Google and Viacom settle copyright suit
- The web turns 25, Tim Berners-Lee “never expected all these cats“
- Android Wear
- Git 2.0 is coming
- GOG.com is promising Linux support
- Mozilla is killing the Metro version of Firefox
- Glamor now in the mainline of the X server
- Shuttleworth went on a blog rampage again; ARM SBSA
- Shuttleworth now says Mir will be the standard for desktop Ubuntu with version 16.04 — it was originally scheduled for 13.10
- Portal 2 now works with SELinux
- Niko (aka. @amokleben) likes TextSecure, but thinks it won’t get much market share. He also gets hit by a bug where messages don’t decrypt correctly.
- Remy Van Elst mentions the Wolfson audio card for the Raspberry Pi again
We also had emails from Gary, Steve and Syzmon.