An uncut video version of this episode can be found on YouTube.
0:02:00 Gaming News
0:12:02 Open Source Releases
- Git 2.1 released with minor features
- KDE SC 4.14 released
- Calibre 2.0 is out
- Version 3.3 of groupware Kolab.org released
0:32:48 CrypTool & Discourse
0:43:57 PSN Hacked Again
0:52:00 Kernel Development
- Linux kernel development now uses two-factor authentication
- Linus Torvalds: “I still want that desktop”
1:02:20 LiMux Update
1:08:40 Ubuntu & Mint News
Thanks to Ingolf Schäfer for providing Fab with some Bullenschluck
Kai Siers sent Fab some beer called “Chopfab”
- Thanks to everyone providing news tips via news.sixgun.org!
- Greg Poulter wants to tell people about HTTP Shaming and also a browser called Aviator, which he’s been using
- Remy van Elst reviews some shells for us
- Torin Doyle asks what our first computers were: Dan’s was an Amstrad CPC6128; Fab’s was an IBM compatible PC with a 286 processor made by NCR
- Charles wonders if we will be reviewing the upcoming Windows version
- Keelan Downton says our listeners should check out the game Tumbleweed Express which he’s been working on with some friends, collectively called the Dirigiballers
- Joe Burmeister gave us some feedback on the LiMux situation
Please leave comments on this episode or the podcast in general in the Saloon.