16 September 2011
More trouble in MeeGo land, Oracle stops distributing Java for Linux, rumours about the Amazon tablet, reviews of awesome podcatchers for your desktop, your phone and your tablet and much more
- Jules Mudkips came up with our new podcast slogan: “We podcast for Macragge, and we shall know no FUD!”
- Barcamp Blackpool is looking for sponsors
- Fab recently saw David Rovics live in Bonn — go to his gigs, he’s awesome
- Check out Ambjörn Elder’s blog, he spoke at OggCamp
- Beer: Mary Ann Best Traditional Bitter & Betty Stogs Bitter — thanks to Kevan!
0:12:36 Releases and News
- Mandriva 2011
- Apache 2.2.20
- GIMP 2.7.3
- Is Intel dropping MeeGo too?
- Oracle stops shipping Java for Linux
- Amazon tablet probably coming in November
- The Register hit by DNS hijack
0:43:03 Mini-Review: Podcatchers
Fab reviews his favourite podcatchers on the desktop, phone and tablet.
Supporters: Viridiana Mares, Axel Pahl, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Stuart Fawcett, Remy van Elst, David Megins-Nicholas and all the great people who flattr’ed us
- Stuart Ward sent us a news story about Mojang selling their limited edition Minecraft Xperia play on eBay
- MJJZF tells us about the Nordic Free Software Award, nominations are now open
- x1101 sent us some responses to the OggCamp live show and more — we address these points
- Stephen Michael Kellat recorded some stuff about network fragility also in reaction to our OggCamp discussion
- Alison Chaiken, long time listener and Nokia insider, sends us some thoughts on desktops an mobile development
We had other emails from Yaroslav Halchenko, Gary Sellani, Lucas Nicolaus, Daniel Devine and Xavier Sythe.
- Matthias Stürmer, who was a guest on Episode 212, mentions some courses on the OOXML improvements to Libre/OpenOffice
- John Pinner says PyConUK is happening in Coventry on the weekend of September 24 & 25
Song: Liverpool by The Orchestra (all rights reserved, played by permission)