28 March 2013
Cyanogen leaves Samsung, OdinMonkey, KDE narrowly avoids disaster, Slackware switches to MariaDB, the DRM dispute around HTML5, Nokia targets VP8, a digital rights update from the Open Rights Group and speculation that Debian Wheezy is coming for Easter
- Drone Strike Visualisation
- B1ackcr0w’s wtflinux
- Larry Cafiero: Hanging with the outlaws
- Ubuntu Politburo
- Fab Space Program
0:10:40 SECURITY THEATRE
- MongoDB exploit
- Weakened password hashing found in Cisco devices
- Weak keys in NetBSD
- Camouflaged links
0:22:30 RELEASES & NEWS
- GParted 0.15.0 & GParted Live 0.15.0-1
- OpenELEC 3.0
- FreeNAS 8.3.1
- GCC 4.8
- Qt Creator 2.7.0
- Plasma Media Center 1.0
- First beta of PHP 5.5
- Debian Wheezy for Easter?
- OdinMonkey and Asm.js arrive in Firefox Nightly
- CyanogenMod founder leaves Samsung
- KDE narrowly avoids disaster
- Slackware Linux switches to MariaDB
- DRM dispute around HTML5
- Nokia lines up patents against VP8 video codec
- Ubuntu Kylin to become reference OS in China — Dan was fucking right on China’s leader!
1:09:02 DIGITAL RIGHTS UPDATE
With guests Jim Killock and Ruth Coustick of the Open Rights Group.
Supporters: Thanks to Justin Smith and everyone who flattr’d us!
- We explain why there is currently no audio stream of the live show recordings
- No emails this week