17 August 2013
In this special episode, we update you on Fab’s job situation, look at the progress of the the Ubuntu Edge fundraising campaign and catch up with your feedback from the last few weeks
- Fab talks about his new job situation, he will be moving to Isernhagen (the German Wikipedia article has more details)
- The OggCamp 13 web site is live and you can now get tickets!
0:19:43 UBUNTU EDGE UPDATE
It looks like Ubuntu Edge is destined to fail. We give an update on the situation and discuss if we think it was ever meant to succeed.
- Jim Daldry tells us about his favourite Sean Connery scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Jason Lewis sent us a story about a German court ruling declaring the JDownloader tool illegal
- Moritz gives us some feedback on PRISM and NSA spying
- Jonathan Nadeau gave Dan some advice on how to circumvent Unity when using Ubuntu
- Luke Platypuss recommends pcspecialist, a company run by a friend of his where you can buy computers without Windows licences
- James Parker says our listeners should have a look at KAME, a live distro created by one of his friends
- Michael Lawson also recommends a distribution, his firewall project Sphirewall
- Kevin Grenade plugs his game Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead; Dan mentioned the TV series Justified, which is his new addiction
- Nathan reckons that if you have written more lines of pro-GPL sentiments than lines of GPL code, you are not permitted to speak about the GPL
- Gary (aka Agent Z10) had a discussion with Fab about the encryption used for BlackBerry’s messenger app BBM
- Remy Van Elst sent us a number of emails on Cameron’s porn filter
- Elias Önal sent us information on the PS3′s operating system
- Andres Muniz wrote us the longest email ever — it has subsections, footnotes and a paragraph to explain why it is so long
- Peter Bazalgette has punctuation issues
- Félim Whiteley is coming to OggCamp 13 and is looking forward to it
- Daniel Harenberg really likes Netrunner
- Paul, who met Dan at Barcamp Blackpool, tells us his Linux story and how he came to listen to the show
We had other emails from Keith Z-G, Bryan Lafferty, Brian Gryder, Mike Gulick, Kevin O’Brien and Ian Kirk.