4 November 2013
Ender’s Game, Steel Rain, #Merkelphone, PHP.net used to spread malware, TrueCrypt Windows binaries correspond with the source, watermarks in HTML5 and Mark Shuttleworth wins a Big Brother Award
Hosts: Dan & Fab
- Fab talks about Ender’s Game
- Editorial office anecdote of the week: c’t gets sent smartphones with a virus (German)
- STEEL RAIN!
- The Ubuntu UK Podcast has released their OggCamp episode
0:17:03 SECURITY NEWS
- Merkel’s Handy spied on (German)
- PHP.net used to spread malware
- TrueCrypt Windows binaries correspond with the source
- Trojan can be paid in Bitcoins
0:36:43 RELEASES & NEWS
- Firefox 25
- Word Press 3.7
- Plans for ownCloud 6
- Mozilla CTO Brendan Eich wants watermarks instead of DRM in HTML5
- Eclipse Foundation creates European subsidiary
- Debian might be changing to systemd or upstart
- Mark Shuttleworth has won a Big Brother Award Austria for marketing (German)
Supporters of the network are now listed on the website.
- Nigel Verity wrote to say he really enjoyed FreakyClown at OggCamp this year and says we should get him on the show in future
- Mahesh recommends Hootsuite as a tool for managing multiple social network accounts
- Niklaus Hofer says how much he likes the show, asks us a few questions and plugs LugBE from Bern in Switzerland
- Producer Katy on Twitter
- Svend White enjoys having us back in his head; he also agrees with Fab on the “all resemblance is coincidental” disclaimers in books
- Jeff G. tells us about Nagios going to hell
We had other emails from Remy Van Elst, Torstein Winterseth, Gary and Calum Craig.
Listen to Rathole Radio!