9 March 2014
All the ‘buntu betas for 14.04 LTS are out except for the actual Ubuntu, Portal 2 beta for Linux, GitHub releases a text editor and its not open source, Mt.Gox is bankrupt, German email providers declare adblockers are malware, Munich to switch to MyKolab and open source graphics might be coming to the Raspberry Pi
Hosts: Dan & Fab
- Errata: Fab mistakenly said that you need to compile things with Arch/AUR — in fact, Arch packages are binary; he realised his mistake immediately when editing the show; what he meant was: AUR saves you having to install things by hand
- Our Discourse instance is now up at saloon.sixgun.org
- Jezra sent Katy some seeds for the chili plantation
- Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 LTS betas
- Hadoop 2.3
- Firefox OS 1.3
- Portal 2 beta for Linux
- GitHub has its own text editor now — it isn’t open source
- Pitivi fundraiser
- MediaGoblin fundraiser
- In Bitcoin news: Mt.Gox is bankrupt
- Open graphics for the Raspberry Pi coming?
- Debian wants more than one init system now
- Bill Gates again richest person in the world — giving away all my money my arse!
- Dale Visser is glad our break is over and gives us some feedback on blocking ads and NoScript
- Barry Williams writes in with more input on ads and ad-blocking
- Andrew Kirkpatrick tells us about ArnoldC
- Evgeny Kuznetsov has the exact opposite experience than Fab when comparing Firefox and Chrome
- Ian Kirk is keeping an eye on the NSA ice cream van
- Rich Brown sends us a link to Mr. Herobrine’s Singalong Tragedy on YouTube
We had other emails from Remy Van Elst and Jason Lewis.