3 August 2014
Typecasting, Broforce, Drupal releases, vulnerabilities in Tor, TAILS and Cisco modems, Linus vs. GCC, Linux comes to GOG.com, and PHP 6 or 7?
An uncut video version of this episode can be found on YouTube.
0:14:36 General News
- Pretty much nothing new in the MH17 case; the “blame Putin” campaign is in full swing
- Hasbro allows 3D fan printing of ponies on Shapeways
- Apache 2.4.10 released
- Five vulnerabilities fixed in Apache
- Critical security vulnerability in Cisco modems and routers
- Black Hat talk on Tor exploit cancelled by lawyers
- Zero day vulnerability in TAILS 1.1
- Exodus Intelligence employees
Apparently Heeed works for Exodus Intelligence:
0:56:10 Controversial Developments
- Torvalds labels GCC as “too stupid to live”
- Will the next PHP version be PHP 7?
- PHP 6: Pissing in the Wind
1:07:40 More Open Source News
- GOG.com rolls out Linux support
- Firefox developers improve string encoding
- Microsoft’s TypeScript gets a new compiler, moves to GitHub
1:16:49 Feedback from the Saloon
- Shiny Firefly T-shirt
- What was your first Linux distro?
- Some early responses to episode 354
- Jezra suggests an excellent improvement to the Tour De France
— Fabian A. Scherschel (@fabsh) July 27, 2014
Please leave comments on this episode or the podcast in general in the Saloon.