A couple of friends talk about everything that might be of interest to the modern geek. From video games to TV shows to science and the wonders of Korean skincare. We also like to drink while we do this, it’s a bit like friends in a pub – except that our pub is the Internet. Swearing is guaranteed, relevance isn’t.
Geek News Radio is first and foremost a show that’s fun to record. We talk about anything we are currently geeking out about in a relaxed and friendly manner. Except when we are ranting. Despite the name — yes, it’s an obvious Fallout reference — this is less of a news show and rather has the feel of a few friends shooting the shit over a beer in the pub. We try to rotate hosts as much as possible to keep a good mix of topics, but realistically it comes down to who is available to do a show at any given point in time. We don’t keep a strict schedule, but aim to release at least two shows a month. The regular hosts are:
Fabian A. Scherschel (@fabsh), a tech journalist from Hamburg who founded Sixgun Productions back in the day.
David M. Nicholas (@MegaSlippers), a coder who lives in Birmingham and likes cocktails and fancy GIFs. He joined Fab way back when for a 40K podcast.
Mike Mullan-Jensen (@MstevnsMJ), an auditor of quality and 40K lore nerd from Skerries. We picked him up at a Warhammer convention.
Charlene Putney (@alphachar), a professional writer, lecturer, language mastermind and yoga queen from Dublin. Char has always been there.
And contributors to the show also include Nick Farmer (@Nfarmerlinguist), Joseph Ward (@iosefward), Emma Haley (@Yuecake) and Dave Hingley.
- GNR 51 – Mexican Standoff with Turtles
- GNR 50 – if (fuckYou()) fuckYou();
- GNR 49 – Columbo on the Orient Express
- GNR 48 – Fungal Warp
- GNR 47 – Literally Littoral
- GNR 46 – Schleichfahrting Around
- GNR 45 – Sigmarines and Twig People
- GNR 44 – How to Launch Naval Invasions
- GNR 43 – Plunkbag
- GNR 42 – This is How the Board Game Democracy Falls
- GNR 41 – Dank Millennium
- GNR 40 – Grimdark
- GNR 39 – Permanent HOTAS
- GNR 38 – Space Prole Revolution
- GNR 37 – One Serving of Proto-Paste a Day
- GNR 36 – Immortal Jellyfish
- GNR 35 – More Mass, More Effect
- GNR 34 – Slow Burn
- GNR 33 – The Harbinger of Doom Bar
- GNR 32 – Reverse Hardness
- GNR 31 – The White Russian Incident
- GNR 30 – It’s Been a Long Road
- GNR 29 – Tanksplaining
- GNR 28 – Pro-Penis Patch
- GNR 27 – The End Times
- GNR 26 – Grab Them by the Zapus
- GNR 25 – Choose the Oud
- GNR 24 – Metalbants
- GNR 23 – Forge World Dash Button
- GNR 22 – What is Game?
- GNR 21 – Unrelenting Fury
- GNR 20 – Fucked Up Beyond All Redemption
- GNR 19 – Power Armour Gone Up its Own Arse
- GNR 18 – Engineering Challenge
- GNR 17 – Total Warbants
- GNR 16 – Gun Bants
- GNR 15 – Peak Silicon Valley
- GNR 14 – Will the Real Satoshi Please Stand Up
- GNR 13 – Thanks, Obama
- GNR 12 – Air as a Service
- GNR 11 – The Hundred Euro Pencil
- GNR 10 – The Dark Zone
- GNR 9 – Make XCOM Great Again
- GNR 8 – Spending Time with Landing Gear
- GNR 7 – Lara’s Hair
- GNR 6 – Wa Du-Showxa ere Lang Belta
- GNR 5 – Bitcoin is Fucked
- GNR 4 – Give Me Nexus or Give Me Death
- GNR 3 – Powered by Pure Plot
- GNR 2 – The P in SPECIAL
- GNR 1 – What the Fuck